Freedom over censorship, truth over narrative. Question more!
An electric scooter did what electric scooters tend to do and exploded.
The explosion happened on a St. Petersburg street, and sadly under the rider. The person was taken to a hospital with severe burns, and remains in intensive care. The source of the explosion is not confirmed, but will almost certainly have come from the battery. However, this would be one of the most extreme examples ever captured on film, as even the most cheaply made batteries rarely explode so violently, and without an external charger attached.
It’s called ‘thermal runaway.’ A deadly combination of high voltage, strong chemicals and cheap construction mean that the high-powered batteries required for electric vehicles such as scooters, e-bikes and hoverboards have a tendency to overheat, fail, and either burst into flames or explode. This video will add to the growing calls for tougher regulation of battery-operated electric vehicles, not just in Russia, but worldwide.
Freedom over censorship, truth over narrative. Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RTnews Follow us on Telegram: https://t.me/rtnews Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RT_com